10/05/2015

SILINDILE SIBISI - GOODFRIDAY // INTERVIEW - 21 STEPS EMERGING DESIGNER 2015













  • What are the central influences behind your [brand] vision?
Women, everyday experiences, everyday life which to me is dynamic, beautiful and surprising even at its simplest.
  • What first compelled you to design?
Design for me has always been an innate passion ever since I can remember
  • Creating a namesake brand is a very personal reflection of your sensibilities. If you could communicate one message through your work today, what would it be?
One message, be you, be the most authentic version of yourself, the clothing I make is firstly informed by things I find myself attracted to.
  • How do you define the ‘modern woman’? Or Who is the Good Friday woman/man(depending on who you design for)?
The goodFriday women…timeless, sensible, and a little mysterious…a breath of fresh air
  • How is the 21 steps programme shaping your evolution as a designer?
The program has been a chance to learn , to be in the same space with like minded people, to broaden my perspective in how far I can stretch the labels footprint locally and even abroad. I am definitely less narrow minded about growth possibilities.
  • How does being in the city itself impact your style of work and life?
For me it means being more accessible, and exposed to a wider market and audience.

  • What drives you? What is your definition of success?
The need to learn more, success for me is learning the art of maximizing your life, living to the best of my potential, when I master my talent to work for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment